tisdag 18 november 2008

The Ultimate Minority

From my not so often blogging son - Från min sons blogg
I am in a minority in America, I can admit it. I am of mixed race, half black, and half non-American(Swedish, in case you’re interested). I support gay rights, vehemently. I am an atheist. I am in college. However, aside from all of these, I seem to be a minority in a category I desperately wish I were not. I am apparently one of the less than 50% of Americans who wants a president smarter than myself. Call me crazy, but when I hear ‘elite’, I actually consider hiring this person. Elite colleges, elite engineers, elite economists, elite special ops. All of those people I would hire, if I wanted a job of their specialty done. Yet it seems that for Americans, elite is bad. Americans would prefer a president they can have a beer with.

Well not me. I’ve had enough of the last 7 years of Jesus-frat-boy. Bring out the elites, I say, and let them show us how the job is meant to be done. I don’t want these joke candidates, who disbelieve in evolution. I don’t want the infantile rhetoric, drill baby drill, with no consideration to the FACT that oil is a finite resource, created by fossils, which won’t replenish themselves for a long time.

It’s not so much the fact that there are still people uneducated enough and isolated enough from 21st century that they think the earth is 6000 years old, man walked with dinosaurs, and evolution is an atheist’s lie. It’s that it’s a talking point, that people are willing, perhaps eager to display their idiocy when running for the highest office in America. But why not? Half+ of Americans agree with them…

4 kommentarer:

Bertil sa...

Se också Det Progressiva USA, om du inte redan gjort det.
Pappa

Bertil sa...

Inlägget jag avsåg var: Kan man bo i USA om man inte tror på Gud?
Nov 19.

Anonym sa...

nu har en umetanta ivf varit in o kollat av dina sista två inlägg, eller din sons, viktigt att jag ärar rätt man! minns att jag i ungdomen (40+ numera) drömde om att komma till USA och "lyckas", blir skrämd av hur det har blivit där borta numera och ännu mer rädd när man ju ser hur Sverige envisas med att följa i dess fotspår :-(

(som morsa blev jag sååå imponerad av engelska, men insåg tämligen omg att just det ja, klart killen kan engelska... bjuder på min tabbe där)

intressanta siffror i det senare inlägget, skrämmande funderingar i det nedre... vet du vad? jag stannar nog här i Ume trots allt, eller har en nackskadad epileptiker nåt att hämta over there öht?

summa summarum, BRA skrivet, väldigt!

Umepojk i Mason, Ohio sa...

Skulle själv bo i Sverige om det vore lättare att flytta, men det är lite svårare nu än när jag var 24 och ensam och flyttade till den här sidan av atlanten.